DF-21 - Taking Dark Forces into the 21st Century FORUM
DF-21 - the Dark Forces Homepage
Downloads: the biggest collection of user-made Dark Forces levels, editing programs and components on the web
Projects: Dark Forces levels currently under construction
Forum: The Dark Forces forum
Chat: Talk about anything Dark Forces related.
Articles: tutorials and help for Dark Forces editing, and more
Hall of Fame: The best levels out there
Links: Other Dark Forces sites and editing resources
Login
Register

Re-Introduction Thread - For Posterity

Taton

Post Posted: 2016-12-29 19:23:21 

Now that we are transitioning away from Chat into a proper forum, you can properly introduce yourself or reintroduce yourself to the community.

I'm Taton, and I play a 20 year old videogame called Dark Forces. I have been working on a custom level for over a decade, and another decade will probably pass before it is completed. I am passionate about preserving the Dark Forces community and hope that people 20 years from now will be able to come to DF-21 and play the remarkable levels made for it.

Patrick_H

Post Posted: 2017-01-04 10:22:42 

I am Patrick_H and I can't believe this site is still up. Conversely, if it went down I wouldn't believe it went down.

I started DF modding after being inspired by Jereth Kok's old mods. I created The Dark Tide series with Matt Hallaron several years ago (before DarkXL), then moved on to Jedi Academy modding, and am now designing levels for Ubisoft.

Barry Brien

Post Posted: 2017-01-05 07:08:08 

I'm Barry, proud creator of Star Destroyer Oppressor IV among other levels.

Trank

Post Posted: 2017-01-06 22:05:50 

Good to see the site coming back up. Piece by piece.

While i worked on DF2/Mots more. I have always wanted to make levels for DF1 as i've only messed around in the editors. Keep up the good work.

Ryuichi91

Post Posted: 2017-01-09 02:17:27 

Hi guys, Ryuichi91 here. Or as some you know me as Max, creator of some really dumb demo levels for DF many years ago. But I'm more well known now as that guy who does non commentary Dark Forces Custom Levels over on YouTube (as well as other games).

I sometimes tinker around with DOOM editing from levels to making gameplay mods. Fun stuff, though work has kept me busy.

Matt-H

Post Posted: 2017-01-11 19:21:41 

Hi. I'm Matt-H. I've worked with a few of you on here on a few things. Good to see you all.

Scape Goat

Post Posted: 2017-01-11 23:35:20 

Hello. My name is Kevin and I am, surprisingly enough, breathing.

I just happened to be going through some old bookmarks tonight. I found one for DF-21.net, so I clicked on it just to make sure that the site was still gone before I deleted the bookmark once and for all. I guess it wasn't meant to be...

Seeing this old place again after all these years (and seeing some familiar old names) makes me - I don't know - really, really, REALLY glad that's it's not my problem anymore.

Best of luck,

- Scape Goat

FenirStardust

Post Posted: 2017-01-17 11:02:54 

I'm fenir formerly cal72521, i love SW and have had df since xmas 95! Made my frist complete level 10years later, 10~ more here we are. As probly the only girl~ too. I'd like to say i'm glad df is still kicking.

j-dogg

Post Posted: 2017-02-25 11:05:22 

My name is j-dogg, and you all just lost the game.

XWO

Post Posted: 2017-03-23 09:24:56 

I'm XWO. I talked a lot and killed a lot of time on levels, but never released much worth talking about.

I eventually moved on to storytelling, and have written and published several novels. Marriage and kids have delayed several more novels by a long, long time.

I'm currently involved in setting up and heavily customizing a private Star Wars Galaxies server.

Ryuichi91

Post Posted: 2017-03-24 17:49:37 

XWO are you putting up and SWGEmu based server or a Stella Bellum one?

Taton

Post Posted: 2017-03-24 22:28:53 

XWO, didn't you release that level with the Jan Ors that would follow you?

Anyways, no time like the present to finish something. You could release Mines II and it would be heralded as a new golden age of Dark Forces.

Welcome Back!

XWO

Post Posted: 2017-04-01 20:17:07 

I didn't think demos counted as a real release. :P

My SWG server is SWGEmu-based. Heavily customized large chunks of it - lots of new player races, revamped skill/profession system, revamped combat, revamped buffs, new housing no other servers have at the moment, revamped weapons and armor crafting (weapons crafting is all done save heavy weapons and disposables, armor crafting is next on my to-do list)...so yeah, it's been in the works for quite a while.

DownwardSpyral

Post Posted: 2017-04-21 20:50:18 

This whole thing feels like an AA meeting.