DF-21 - Taking Dark Forces into the 21st Century FORUM
DF-21 - the Dark Forces Homepage
Downloads: the biggest collection of user-made Dark Forces levels, editing programs and components on the web
Projects: Dark Forces levels currently under construction
Forum: The Dark Forces forum
Chat: Talk about anything Dark Forces related.
Articles: tutorials and help for Dark Forces editing, and more
Hall of Fame: The best levels out there
Links: Other Dark Forces sites and editing resources
Login
Register

What I would enjoy playing:

Patrick_H

Post Posted: 2017-01-04 10:24:16 

What I would enjoy playing:
A new DF level/or series of levels that somehow combined the story of Kyle Katarn with the events of Rogue One.

Taton

Post Posted: 2017-01-04 13:05:04 

Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors get sucked through the Maw Cluster from the EU into the Disney Universe (TM). The Moldy crow land on top of Jyn Erso (a la wizard of oz), and Kyle Katarn, armed only with his blaster, a ladies wig, and an intimate knowledge of the Empire has to take her place and preserve the timeline.

That's how Star Trek would do it anyways.

Patrick_H

Post Posted: 2017-01-04 16:27:09 

ROGUE ONE SPOILER ALERT***********************************************

I was thinking more along the lines of re-writing the Katarn story to fit into the new canon. Maybe he was involved in rescuing the Imperial pilot instead of infiltrating on Danuta.

Matt-H

Post Posted: 2017-01-12 03:25:52 

I'm really liking this question.

***********************MORE ROGUE ONE SPOILERS

I was thinking that maybe Dantua happened, but it was the original Geonosian Death Star plans, not the final product, so it didn't have the design flaw... but it still gave the Rebel analysts something to start with, making it faster when they got the real/final plans.

I'm also thinking that if we wanted Kyle's direct involvement, he was one of the soldiers who on SW-0608 (Rogue One) going to Scarif. While Jyn, Cassian, and K2SO were doing their thing, he was doing some other (new) crucial thing, like rerouting the master switch to the right landing pad, getting the decryption code for the plans so they could be transmitted, or somehow using his knowledge of Imperial procedure to help the team. Then Jan shows up in the Crow with the fleet, gets through the Shield Gate before it closed, and is able to pick Kyle up before everything blows up.

Barry Brien

Post Posted: 2017-01-12 13:00:05 

Come on Matt, he was clearly planting three charges in power couplings in order to blow the base up.

Patrick_H

Post Posted: 2017-01-12 13:39:21 

There are always 3 charges and 3 couplings and always one small thermal exhaust port.