DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Guess that Level - in DarkXL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Screenshot of the Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Manning
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2008 17:38    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

that was the first add on level I played, and then I was hooked!

klasodeth
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2008 20:10    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Burning Gundam wrote:
Bwah ha ha ha! For once I am the first to guess on this Twisted Evil

Yeah! Now you can turn off the caffeine IV and get some sleep. Wink

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2008 05:47    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Meh, it was a day off, I can be up as late as I please Smile (it was only 12:30 when I posted that anyway Razz )

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2008 18:09    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

These all look great.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2008 05:25    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

How 'bout the next one?

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 06:02    Post subject: Guess that level, #8 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Its time again for another Guess that Level! Another one of the greats!

Good luck!

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 06:49    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

This would be the inspiration for my Tarsalus City! Very Happy

PRELUDE TO HARKOV'S DEFECTION!!!!!

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 06:59    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Burning Gundam wrote:
This would be the inspiration for my Tarsalus City! Very Happy

PRELUDE TO HARKOV'S DEFECTION!!!!!

You are correct!

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 15:52    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Aaaah, too late again Evil or Very Mad
But I think these screenshots are gonna motivate me to go play that level today . . .

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 17:43    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I wanna see Dark Tide 1 or 2 get pimped out with this treatment Twisted Evil

Marley
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2008 14:21    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'd love to see what the Sandcrawler looked like in DarkXl...

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2008 15:09    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Marley wrote:
I'd love to see what the Sandcrawler looked like in DarkXl...

Oh heck yes, that's gonna look awesome with us being able to look almost straight up Surprised
Then again, you can say that about the entire level Very Happy

Nikana
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2008 01:50    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Hey, just out of curiosity, are there any more Guess That Level entries coming soon?

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2008 02:34    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

If it's okay with lucius, one of us could take over to save him some precious time Smile
We could do it this way - first one to guess each gets to do the next one (or pass it to someone else if he doesn't want to). Just like the old days Razz

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2008 05:48    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Yeah, it's been over a month since the last one.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2008 06:28    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I also have to get around to finishing the website update... I'll get around to it soon.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 02:06    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Yeah, I need to get back to work on my project too, I think I've taken a long enough break from it.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 06:46    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Burning Gundam wrote:
Yeah, I need to get back to work on my project too, I think I've taken a long enough break from it.

Does your current project load in DarkXL? If it does, it might be an interesting way to take screenshots.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 07:02    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'm almost embarrased to say this, but I don't know how to load a mod level in DarkXL Embarassed

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 07:40    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Burning Gundam wrote:
I'm almost embarrased to say this, but I don't know how to load a mod level in DarkXL Embarassed

Using the command line, just like DF:
DarkXL.exe -uYourGobName.gob

You can either use the command line (Start > Accessories > Command Prompt). Or you can make a shortcut with the command line.

There will be a menu based interface later that will accessible from the title screen, once mods are properly supported.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 08:02    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Cool, thanks.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 08:09    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

The feature is "unsupported" so no guarantees. It may crash or there may be rendering, AI, and/or INF issues. However full mod support will be there eventually.

With that said, let me know if it works.Smile

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 22:48    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

It sorta worked. I was able to walk around the new hanger you start in that I built recently, but the elevator leading down to the main areas didn't seem to want to work. I may have to put the player start somewhere else if I want to get some other shots in. For now, I'm just trying to come up with ideas to make all the areas I have currently to have some purpose or puzzle.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2008 00:36    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Don't forget that you can hold 'G' to pass through adjoins. This should allow you to pass through your elevator even if the INF doesn't work for some reason. Just hold it while you move forward and you'll pass right through the adjoin.

Also you can hold 'F' to float upwards, if you want to get other vantage points or something.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2008 05:41    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Thanks, that will be a phenomenal help Very Happy

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2008 21:42    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Did you ever figure out how to get past that elevator? Did "G" work for you?

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2008 01:44    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

lucius wrote:
Did you ever figure out how to get past that elevator? Did "G" work for you?

It won't work if it's an elevator that uses the adjoin command . . . I found that out the hard way Razz
You could, if you wanted to, build in something like the LANTFH cheat (maybe a little more user friendly), but it may just be simpler to wait until you implement a console. I'm not in a hurry, I have plenty to do on my level before I try anything with it in DarkXL. Besides, it's replacing one of the levels that's not yet implemented.

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2008 02:10    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I got bored, decided to take some pictures . . . hope you don't mind, lucius Smile

Mmmmm . . . wonder where those came from Rolling Eyes

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2008 03:02    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

sheepandshepherd wrote:
I got bored, decided to take some pictures . . . hope you don't mind, lucius Smile

I don't mind at all. Good job on the screenshots.Smile

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2008 03:27    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Is it the Dark Siege?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Screenshot of the Day All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: