DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Cloudspear 2: Recluse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 21:45    Post subject: Cloudspear 2: Recluse View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Now before you all get too excited (if at all), I have not started AT ALL on the actual level and probably won't until at least RoT is finished.

But...

Since I was going through my emails one day, I came across an old email Kevin had sent me back when he handed the project over to me. He gave me a rather vague description on what he had planned for the plot, but said that the project was mine now to do what I will with it. With that being said, I made a plot using elements from what he was planning.

I don't want to give away too much, so I'll just give you the mission briefing for now.

Background:
That datatape I acquired might as well have been useless, it doesn't say anything specific as to what Cloudspear even is. But it did give me a name, Marcus Durandel. Marcus was a big name merchant while doing bonafide business also did some pretty dirty underhanded business with smugglers and even the Empire. From what the data shows, Marcus had invested much money into a specific project, but after the Empire fell, he lost lots of business and hasn't been seen or heard from since. What the pirates wanted with him is anyone's guess.

Mission:
Marcus resided here on Takyr in a mansion he personally oversaw and invested in. And of course being one of the biggest merchants in the galaxy, he spared no expense on security. To make matters worse if his mansion is anything like the rest of this forsaken place, it's not going to be easy to get in. I just hope once I do get in I find something worth the trouble its taken me so far.

That's what I've got so far. I MAY start on the level while I still have a couple of ideas in my head, otherwise most of everything else is still on paper. So again, don't expect to hear much about it for a while, but I figure I'd do this just to show people I haven't forgotten about it Smile

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2008 05:23    Post subject: Re: Cloudspear 2: Recluse View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I didn't read the briefing (I never played Cloudspear I, and I don't want to hype myself for something that might never be made), but one thing bugs me: Could you make the guy's name Durendal instead of Durandel? Otherwise I can't stop my brain seeing it as a spelling error.

Taton
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2008 06:12    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Holy Thread Revival Batman!

If Scapey intended it to be Durandel, I think it would be better to be consistent.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2008 13:33    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

You could say he goes by MANY NAMES, some of which have similar spellings.

Or you could say it's SPACE, they can spell names differently than us earthlings.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2008 18:35    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Scapegoat never specified the name specifically, and to be honest I pulled the name out of my arse on the fly because in my opinion it just sounded cool. Chances are I may change the name down the line if I think of something better, but for now I'm sticking with this name.

And to settle fears of it never being made don't worry, I fully intend on doing this project. Though, and Scapegoat had this dilemna too, I haven't decided if this is going to be the last part of it or if there will be a part 3. I have ideas for it, but it may be possible to merge part 2 and 3 into one project.

I guess it was kind of pointless to post this topic originally, but I just wanted to let people know that it hadn't left my mind and I was still planning on doing this (The mission briefing is proof of that). I will however give you full reason not to be too excited about this, afterall, I'm not Scapegoat and am not NEARLY the creator he is.

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2008 20:21    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Haha, funny, Marcus is the same name I used for my main character. He isn't the bad guy though Smile
Just be sure to include some of the mysterious, 'forsaken' atmosphere that Scapey had in Cloudspear 1.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 00:29    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Ohhhh.... you can bet there's gonna be a forboding atmosphere...

I've got plans for this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Showcase All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: