DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Tarsalus Demo!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2009 20:46    Post subject: Tarsalus Demo! View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Okay, here is the demo at the request of Barry Brien and Lucius. In a nutshell this is far from complete, but this will give you guys a chance to poke around and see what's going on. Refer to the txt file for more info.

If it doesn't work please let me know. As far as I can tell, there are no issues running it on DosBox and DarkXL's current build will load them as well.

Please leave feedback!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2CPB45RK

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2009 20:47    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Oh yeah and before I forget, if Fenwar or Jackson could put this in the demo section when they get the chance that would be awesome (assuming it works for everyone of course).

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2009 21:00    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Great!

I'll post some screenshots tonight for the Screenshot of the Day. Are there any particular areas or screenshots that you'd like to see?

If anyone else wants me to take screenshots of their levels and put them up, just let me know. Smile

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2009 21:02    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'll let you use your own judgement again, just like last time. Have fun Smile

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 00:15    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

It looks great. Nice work BG.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 04:01    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

The level looks very cool, I could post even more screenshots. Smile

Anyway, I updated the Screenshot of the Day - check it out on the blog.

I also added the Screenshot of the Day archive, as well. Click on any of the images to see a full sized version. I only showed the first level, I can put up shots from the other levels in other screenshot of the day posts.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 07:27    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

First level is fine. The other two levels are no different than the one I sent last time so there'd be no point in doing them again. But if you see something that looks strikingly different, please by all means do some screens Smile

Those shots look excellent by the way.

And thanks for the compliment Barry Smile

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 07:37    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Cool, I'm glad you liked the screenshots. If anyone has some ideas for tomorrow's Screenshot of the Day, let me know. One of your demos (anyone obviously), a classic fan level, whatever. Smile

I want to make sure there are things to see on the blog, even between builds and posts, so I'd like the Screenshot of the Day to be a regular occurrence.

Ryuichi91
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 20:04    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I got some screenshots from Mercenary if your interested.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2009 20:16    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Of course, either post them in the Screenshot of the Day thread or PM me. Make sure to include a title, a description, which screenshot to put up as the "main" shot and 1-6 secondary screenshots. (So up to 7 screenshots total). I will upload the screenshots to my wordpress blog space, so that they will still be around on the site even if your original host is not.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2009 08:39    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'm kinda bummed. I was hoping for a bit more feedback on this Confused

By the way, did anyone get a chance to move it to the Demos section of the downloads page?

MAZZTer... I'm looking your way...

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2009 12:28    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Don't take it personally. This place is pretty quiet these days. Just keep working at it. Maybe release a proper demo instead of just all the work you have done so far. What I mean is take a small portion of the first level, a portion that is finished, add some enemies etc. and then release that. Perhaps it'll get more of a reaction, and we can post it on the front page as well.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2009 16:53    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Burning Gundam wrote:

I don't see it in the uploads... Effort >_>

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2009 17:57    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

The MAZZTer wrote:
Burning Gundam wrote:

I don't see it in the uploads... Effort >_>

°__°

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2009 21:59    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I admit this is a bit hard to find because it's under "Downloads".

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Sep 20, 2009 23:10    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Finally got around to testing this, and I'm impressed. The first level has some pretty amazing architecture. I really liked the level of detail that you usually don't find in DF mods - pipes, machines, plenty of unique texturing, and a freight elevator that actually looks like an elevator and not a magically levitating platform Razz
Aside from a few very rare texture alignment issues (the very first elevator switch and the alien bar), you're definitely on the right track to the Hall of Fame, assuming we start using that again.
Gotta admit though, playing this in DF's ancient engine makes it really easy to get lost. Tarsalus + DarkXL = awesomeness.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2009 05:32    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Thank you. Funny thing is that the first level is only roughly 75% finished architecturally. I had originally planned it to rival the size of Assassination on Nar Shaddaa (the ORIGINAL original project actually did have a higher sector count by about 500), but a crippling crash destroyed much of what I had worked on.

Getting this finished will be a great personal accomplishment, so I hope you can all have a little more patience ^_^

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2009 20:45    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed some of those unfinished areas, like the blank hangar-like area at the top of the big freight elevator.
Don't worry, I'll be patient. I'd rather wait till after DarkXL is done anyway, for the mentioned reasons.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2009 08:16    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out what that's going to be. It is a hanger, but I wasn't sure if I was going to make it a roof-open one or a sideways one like the one you initially start from. Or I may delete that whole area (since I can't seem to find a logical purpose for it at the moment). I want people to get lost intentionally and explore, but I don't want it to get frustratingly boring either.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: May 19, 2010 12:26    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

After being in Japan for a while I have a ton of inspiration from visiting places like Shibuya and Shinjuku. Work should progress nicely upon my return to the states Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Showcase All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: