DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

The open project.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2009 06:22    Post subject: The open project. View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Let's assume nobody is going to add to this again. Does anybody feel like turning it into a playable level? It's big enough. Anybody who loves making levels but doesn't have the time? It's all here. It would be a shame to let all this work go to waste.

DF4GL4ever
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2009 01:48    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Seems like the DarkXL editor would be a good way to bring interest back to the Open Project. Would be a good test ground for new mapping features that DarkXL will be able to handle.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2009 02:51    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we can re-start this after the editor build comes out.

Marley
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2009 07:57    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

How far along is it? What needs doing?

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2009 08:04    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

It's just kinda what it is, there's really no telling just how much more needs to be done. I know there was a couple of areas I was building that I would like to have had finished.

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2009 12:43    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

There are a few unfinished areas alright, but in terms of size there doesn't really need to be anything done. All it requires is a plot and some objects, and maybe a bit of a tidy-up.

Nottheking
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2009 03:34    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Yeah, the OP map is already quite sizable; easily larger than most levels. While it's true that there's a lot of places that seem "dead ends," that's really how levels work; it's been shown that generally it's a BAD idea to let you go everywhere.

Tsophika
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2009 03:45    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

http://df-21.net/downloads/open/open26oct2004.zip

Is this the latest version?

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2009 07:47    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure there's a newer one.

Nottheking
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2009 02:38    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I'm PRETTY SURE there is, but I'd have to go back through my records to see which one it was... As I recall, it was finding out which one was newer than that is what halted things before.

The computer that has all my OP/DF stuff is in storage, (again) after yet another year of moving. However, with some luck, I'll have it at home in a week or so, and I'll check that. I'm slightly apprehensive of the notion that I might find out that the latest version is, in fact, the one on my hard drive.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2009 06:58    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I have a fairly current one too. Can't tell when the file was modified though since I'm on my OSX partition at the moment. I plan on getting some work on my projects done over the weekend so I can check then.

jimbo
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2010 20:08    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Tsophika wrote:
http://df-21.net/downloads/open/open26oct2004.zip

Is this the latest version?

Yes, the latest update that was uploaded to this site came in October 2004. The threads of importance to this would be "Version: 26th October 2004" and "Can I?".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> The Open Project All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: