DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Embarassing WDFUSE question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Dark Forces Levels & Editing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nottheking
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2009 01:56    Post subject: Embarassing WDFUSE question... View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

So, for like the first time in a number of years, I've opened up WDFUSE, after getting a sudden burst of inspiration and desire to go back and actually make a version of the level for my project I WOULDN'T delete for being utter crap after >1,000 sectors.

Thus far, it's going allright; I've found that I very quickly remember by instinct all the old shortcuts, remembering how I'd originally written INF, and even remembering the settings I'd used, and remembered how to pull off a few of the subtle tricks I'd always wanted to include.

Only one thing is hampering me: where is the setting to make the object editing dialog (i.e, XYZ coords, flag bits, texture selection, etc. for sectors, walls, vertices, and objects) so that it is "always on top?" I can't seem to find anything for it, and it's always being shuffled behind the main WDFUSE window, which obviously doesn't work out. My current work-around is to have the main window shrunken to leave space at the side, but it's distracting.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2009 07:14    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I thought there was some tab in one of the fine tuning menus that would allow you to do that. But to be honest I'm still new-ish to WDFUSE to be much help. Normally I just keep the window slightly smaller and keep the editing dialogues in a different section of the screen (so I can watch videos in an open corner of the screen while I work).

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2009 15:21    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Yeah I think that's the only way to have it. I recently installed it on a new machine and that small dialogue box wasn't showing up at all. For some reason it was floating a few inches off the screen and I had to manually edit wdfuse.ini to bring it back.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2009 22:01    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Try this: http://www.abstractpath.com/powermenu/

Nottheking
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2009 23:25    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Ah, so it's just something with WDFUSE itself? I thought that there might've been an option I was missing, since I recalled always having them floating on-top before. Kinda strange as well, since I'm still using the same OS.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2009 05:08    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Barry Brien wrote:
Yeah I think that's the only way to have it. I recently installed it on a new machine and that small dialogue box wasn't showing up at all. For some reason it was floating a few inches off the screen and I had to manually edit wdfuse.ini to bring it back.

Alt-tab to it, press alt+space, then m, then tap an arrow key, then move the mouse (to which the window is now attached) and click to drop the window.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Dark Forces Levels & Editing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: