DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Wax conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Dark Forces Levels & Editing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alectriciti
Dianoga

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2009 23:21    Post subject: Wax conversion View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I am working on making a whole new WAX file entirely. However, just so I have dimensions preset for me, I wanted to use a stormtrooper WAX file to base my file from.

I have been using the 'WAX2.EXE' file to convert WAX files into PCX files. However, every time I convert files, they are unreadable.
Here is command line I am using.

C:\2WAX.EXE c:\kell.wax c:\beast /m/x

The files come out as PCX files and it seems okay. But any paint program, including Photoshop CS says the file is unreadable.
Is this because I didn't specify a PAL file?
I can't quite figure it out. Is there a specific program I use to edit wax files after I turn them into PCX files?

Any help is welcome and any explaination is highly appreciated. Smile

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2009 03:51    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

You do need to specify a PAL file since WAXes contain no palette information themselves, and any modern image format will require that. I'm quite confused why WAX2 allowed you to not specify one... perhaps it uses a default palette.

I dunno, it's possible WAX2 is mangling the PCX files without a palette. I know I've never had a problem reading the PCXs it generates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Dark Forces Levels & Editing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: