DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Talon Karrde and the Emperor's Vault

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinohog
Dianoga

PostPosted: May 08, 2010 00:51    Post subject: Talon Karrde and the Emperor's Vault View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Hi All, since I have asked Burning Gundam for the use of one of his textures (one so far) I thought I would post some early work on my level. I am very inspired to DarkXL to complete a good level.

Story: Talon Karrde, renowned smuggler, has been tasked to retrieve a Jedi Holocron from an Imperial base that protects an archives of treasures and artifacts collected by Emperor Palpatine. Playing as TK, you must make contact with local members of the Alliance to Restore the Republic to gather information and access to the vault.

Level Design: I'm trying to make a reasonably realistic city with homes and offices and factories that can be explored. I plan to make signs to identify buildings so that a contact can direct you to the officer barracks to get a code from a particular officer. It should be more than a shoot and run level. Hopefully I can set it up as though the contact gives you info which unlocks the next aspect of the story.

Right now I am working on geometry and just starting on INF scripts for different aspects. I have posted a few questions in the editing forum.

Here is a screenshot from WDFUSE:

I tried to fins a nice screenshot from within the level but I think I need to do some more texturing before I do that.

Comments are welcome.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: May 08, 2010 08:42    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Looks like it's off to a good start Smile

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: May 09, 2010 17:45    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

agreed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Showcase All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: