DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Freaky infinite ammo bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2010 00:12    Post subject: Freaky infinite ammo bug View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I just had the weirdest thing happen to me . . . I was randomly attacking a boss thing that I put in one of my test levels, using the repeater and the weapon supercharge cheat to speed things up, but my ammo counter didn't go down! Anybody else ever experienced this . . . ehm, bug? It's certainly never happened to me on any actual levels, Lucasarts or custom, so it probably has to do with some of the weird situations I was testing (I knew this level would break something in DF's engine haha).

Here's some details, in case anyone has an idea of what's going on (doubt it though):
The "boss thing" was a DT/Kell hybrid, with the DT1's WAX and this logic:
Code:
LOGIC:     D_TROOP1
LOGIC:     KELL
BOSS:      TRUE

I had just killed it . . . well, partly. One of the logics must have "died" when it made the Kell Dragon's death sound, but the corpse was still moving around and still attracted my autoaim. It wouldn't attack me anymore though.
To finish "killing" it, I switched to the repeater and activated LARANDY; this is when the ammo stopped counting down. Now, the really weird part: I switched through all the weapons twice, none of them did it. The repeater did every time though (only its primary fire). And even weirder -- it stopped when I walked away from the still-living boss thing. So I went back to try to figure out what the heck was going on, looked around a little, and kept barraging the thing with bullets -- either moving around or looking around always made the infinite ammo bug stop, and it wasn't time-related. It wasn't always when I looked at the "thing", though it only happened in the general area where it was (a small pit that I could easily jump out of on both sides).

There were a few unnoticable adjoins in the pit, it may alternately have something to do with those -- I was doing some VERY strange experiments with adjoins (half-adjoined walls, walls adjoined only on one side, etc) in other areas of the level.

Anyway, I'm about to go see if this happens again, maybe upload a FRAPS video of it somewhere. I'd REALLY like to know what's going on with this . . .

Lionel Fouillen
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2010 13:13    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

So the result was a roaring DT1 biting you and jumping around across the screen.
Have you tried doing things normally and see if you still get that "bug" ?

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2010 18:59    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Nope . . . of course, not sure I would seriously call it a "bug", since it's obviously caused by something abnormal in the level.

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2010 20:22    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

So you got it to work more than once? Why don't you upload it as a showcase level, maybe somebody could figure it out?

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2010 20:31    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Alright. I had planned on it anyway, since this was pretty much a sloppy showcase of a few things I was testing for my current project, but I want to clean it up a bit first. There's still a few interesting things I have left to try out. (I'll keep a backup of this version, in case I somehow damage whatever bizarre conditions are causing this.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: