DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Dark Forces mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Dark Forces Levels & Editing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxrebo
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2010 05:56    Post subject: Dark Forces mods View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Having done some already I looked through them and picked ones that sounded and look really good well I gonna put my list but was wondering am I missing any.

ironfort,praux,critak moon,imperial stationb-24,jedi crystal level 1,jungles of caldoun,lahara hotel,future present,hoerby trilogy,m\crv dana,mt kurek,mountains of relion,operation archangel multipack,operation nar shaddaa water treatment plant,harkov's defection,return to bespin,the rock gandolo IV,ruins of talos 1-5,secbase revistited,stars end the cloak,tie defender base

Lionel Fouillen
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2010 08:06    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I also highly recommend "Boba Fett's Revenge". Also, "DF96 : The TIEs that bind" is a classic, as well as Don Sielke's levels even though they are not as sophisticated as the latest works. Of course, I suppose you played the Dark Tide series, which tops everything.

Pumpkinetics
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2010 11:40    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Yeah, the operation Archangel multipack's pretty good. Shame the final episode's never gonna come out. :7

"WORKIN' ON IT! I SWEAR!"

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2010 04:29    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Actually, I thought you said you were still working on that, Lionel?

Lionel Fouillen
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2010 14:28    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Of course I am. I was fully on it last summer, even creating new customized textures for the improved level 1 and the almost-finished level 3. Barry Brien even helped me by creating a customized PAL file. Then again, real life put me away from DF in September because suddenly my project of moving to Poland became concrete. I moved in December. Right now working hard on developping apps for Mac computers and iPhones in my newly established business.

But, guess what? I bought a new Mac and installed DosBox and Wine on it. I checked Wdfuse and DF on such installation. It's OK, except that Wdfuse will be launched via X11 and manipulating the Windows (the panes) and shortcuts isn't optimized. Very hard though. I should have more time in September and get back to DF editing. Hopefully to finish once and for all before Christmas. Wow, what a nice gift it would be: the complete trilogy for Christmas, exactly 15 years after it started. Getting old, aren't we?

Very Happy

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2010 14:50    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Yeah, no kidding right? I joined this site back in '99 I think, an this has been the only group I have been active with for more than 10 years. I think we've all come a long way and been through a lot.

Any screenies of your recent work any time soon Lionel?

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2010 21:26    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Yeah Lionel, I'm really looking forward to seeing your work.

Maxrebo
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2010 04:15    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I did boba fetts revenge and the dark tide series but I have to check out those other 2.Man I was only 3 when that level originally started,man I sure am glad we got the internet time machine so I can play what I missed.By any chance will there be a dark tide V if so will the music in xizors palace be the awesome theme from shadows of the empire.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2010 13:01    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

They've made it pretty clear that there will be no Dark Tide 5.

Maxrebo
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2010 17:00    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Oh I didn't know,I guess its because I got to this stuff late.I remember but then again it was a while ago that the final one was supposed to be for jedi academy but it must have been scraped.Well its a shame but no big deal I still got a lot more to go through.

Lionel Fouillen
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2010 17:01    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I should also recommand these:
Desalinization Plant (good design)
The Great Escape, by Jeff Walters (a great level, good design and captivating plot)
The Great Tatooine Water hunt (nothing special technically or artistically, but one of those levels with an interesting plots too)
The Evacuation of Hoth (not to be confused with Escape from Hoth).

Too bad the author gave up on episode 3 of Future Present. The first episode was so innovative. Level 2 good but nothing special.

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2010 17:56    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

The Great Escape is fantastic.

Maxrebo
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2010 18:47    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I did the desalination plant I think its great if not a bit confusing at one point not to say that's a bad thing because its never bad when a level makes you think.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2010 23:49    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

You did Desalinization Plant? I was thoroughly impressed with that level Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Dark Forces Levels & Editing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: