DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Progress blog..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> DarkXL General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnoyce
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2010 02:39    Post subject: Progress blog.. View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I really like that idea, especially if there is going
to be a couple weeks delay.

People tend to get impatient, and this should help satiate their need for information while they are waiting.

It also means it is more accessible to folks, so they don't have to search around in the forum to find it.

Good idea!

Keep up the excellent work. I know it will be worth the wait.. I'll be looking for a new build when I come back from vacation, on 1/4/2011..

NightFright
Dianoga

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2010 13:29    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I also want to express my gratitude, especially for the announcement of the Blood support which was totally surprising (anyway, not fully since you had posted a screenshot with a Blood voxel in the first Dark Forces level)! Actually, I have just finished the game in DosBox for the first time with all its addons, but I am definitely going to play it again once it can be played with my native TFT resolution and maybe some nice additional effects!

Once again, thank you so much for all your work and efforts, Lucius! You help keeping the spirit of these classics alive, and you even improve them! Be praised! Very Happy

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2010 18:18    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Blood was actually one of those games that I never really knew about, probably because I wasn't very much aware of computer games other than the obvious and/or because my family always owned a Mac.

I may have to have a look at that on wikipedia or something.

NightFright
Dianoga

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2010 20:17    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

If you don't know Blood at all:

It was a game that remained in the background compared to its engine "brothers" Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior (among others which didn't become that popular). Since I have recently played it completely, I can tell you it has a really dense atmosphere, unique, semi-realistic level design and also an incredibly high difficulty level! xD

On Youtube, they have a nice review video which you might find useful if you want to get some pieces of info about it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> DarkXL General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: