The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

The Dark Tide lives again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Haslow
Trandoshan

PostPosted: May 06, 2006 20:42    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

ZoSo729 wrote:
So can we estimate atleast another 2 years for part IV??

I seriously doubt that. If I had allowed Barry to either (a) create The Dark Tide III, or (b) release The Dark Tide IV before III then he would have been finished long ago. I expect if I get out III soon then IV wouldn't be too far behind.

Jackson wrote:
Wait wait... does this mean he agreed to do voice work for you, or that you're using sound clips from the games?

Use your brain Jackson- honestly, what do you think???

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: May 06, 2006 23:24    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

That idea had crossed my mind Smile I can promise that DT4 will follow relatively close behind DT3. Although it's up to Patrick to build the final level of DT4, which happens to be the repeatedly orphaned Xizor's Palace. The way it is currently is this:
Level 1 by myself and Matt H - a huge level - is 99.999% complete
Level 2 is mine and that's 100% complete
Level 3 is mine and it's between 20-40% complete, but it's only going to be small.
Level 4 is Xizor's Palace and Pat is doing that one, and at an estimate I'd say it's about roughly 25% complete.
It should definitely be released within a year on DT3, and I'd be very surprised (and disappointed in the lads Smile ) if DT3 wasn't out by the end of the summer.
So to sum up, keep your shirts on, those few of you that still remain. The eight greatest Dark Forces levels you will ever play are yet to come.

Patrick Haslow
Trandoshan

PostPosted: May 07, 2006 00:10    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Patrick Haslow wrote:

I had done some work on The Dark Tide IV, rebuilding and altering sections of Xizor's Palace for the last level. I have decided to relenquish my control over that part of Episode IV to Barry and Matt, who were already doing most of it anyway, at last giving Barry the green light to complete it.

Barry, something I posted about a month ago- guess I forgot to email you about it.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: May 07, 2006 00:11    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I shall hold on to my G3 until then...

... for great justice!

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: May 07, 2006 12:09    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Oh right. So that means I get Xizor's Palace. Yippee. To be honest I really don't like that level, so can I really mess with it?

Patrick Haslow
Trandoshan

PostPosted: May 07, 2006 14:42    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Whatever you want. I suppose it wouldn't be fair for me to have you do it but not give you the freedom to do what you want. I already had altered it tremendously (the outer city is gone), and completely retextured the Palace interior (which I thought was well constructed), and rebuilt most of the sewers, so I am not sure if you mean that you dislike what still remains or what it was before that. The end of course needs to lead to "you-know-what" in DTV.

Have at it!

Jackson
Dark Trooper Phase 2

PostPosted: May 07, 2006 18:00    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Patrick Haslow wrote:
Use your brain Jackson- honestly, what do you think???

That HE approached YOU and begged to be in the next installment of the series??! Smile

Patrick Haslow
Trandoshan

PostPosted: May 09, 2006 06:33    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Of course!

Fenwar
Admiral Ackbar
Admiral Ackbar

PostPosted: May 09, 2006 07:48    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Is any of the "original" Xizor's Palace work going to be left?

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: May 09, 2006 14:20    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Probably not.

Patrick Haslow
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2006 05:11    Post subject: Dark Tide III release date announcement View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

The Dark Tide III: Eye of the Empire is scheduled for release on July 31st, 2006. Mark your calendars, its for real this time.

Matt tells me he is working away at the cutscenes, and finishing up the last WAX. Many voice actors have been recorded, with one or two more to go. The GOB file, which now stands at 29MB, is ready for beta testing, which will be done by Matt H and Barry Brien.

Fish
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2006 13:21    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I'll take a day off on July 31st and August the 1st. Smile

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2006 13:41    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Let's get a countdown thingy on the front page!
To celebrate here are some new shots from The Dark Tide IV:

Last edited by Barry Brien on Jun 08, 2006 17:04; edited 1 time in total

Geoffrey S
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2006 14:29    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Incredible work as always. Love the use of vertical areas.

Is that an ATST interior I spy?

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2006 16:52    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Thanks Geoffrey, and yes it might be an ATST interior Smile

Taton
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2006 21:51    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Finally!!! My poor old Windows 3.11 machine has been beggin for some Dark Forces gaming goodness. I can't wait to play it!

P.S.: Is there any chance that the original Xizor's Palace is still around? I think it would be neat to see the original.

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2006 22:53    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I think Pat should have it.
I must say it's good but it's by no means great.

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 01:15    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I have a small fragment of it somewhere that some DF21er sent me once. I don't remember whether or not I promised the guy I wouldn't spread it any further.

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 01:53    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

It's hyped up nonsense. No great shakes. It's afforded this semi legendary status just because it's the bastard child that everybody fed but nobody loved. I pea on it. Xizor's Palace is on par with 'Destroy Imperial Supply Depot' or 'Free Kelly' or even, dare I say it, "Scrolly's lair". phrik it, who cares.

Patrick Haslow
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 04:08    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Barry's right. The stuff we are doing today makes XP look pitiful.
Just for the hell of it, I would be happy to release it with DTIII (with my retexturing) as a "hardcore gamer extra".

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 06:41    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Well, I haven't gotten rid of the ol' G3 bucket yet....

And holy s***............

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2006 01:59    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Mmmmmm neon... Cool

Magic_Al
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2006 00:17    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Whoa. Looks awesome. Looks like DF still runs on this iMac G5, so I'm ready.

Armed only with a blaster pistol and an intimate knowledge of
Imperial methods, MagicAl prepares to go to lunch....

Patrick Haslow
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2006 06:58    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

MagicAl lives! You can expect to hear some of your ambient looping sound objects in these levels Al, although I must tell you that we are no longer using the DF Katarn voice- we have switched over to the Katarn heard in the Raven games instead.

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2006 17:49    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

We're selling out in other words. Post-DF kyle is a pussywillow. He's completely different. He has no conscience in DF, he just kills people for money. In Jedi Kight he turns into a bearded hippy wimp. Bring back the old Kyle.

Geoffrey S
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2006 20:32    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

That beard's awful. He hasn't got a beard in DT, has he? If so, I flat out refuse to download.

Patrick Haslow
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2006 02:08    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Well unless you can get Nick Jameson to do some new voice lines, consider him toast. And notice I mentioned voice, not the image. Although I doubt he has had time for a shave since he first crash landed on Tatooine.

darth bane
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2006 08:15    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Hey guys, just popped in for a second to check if anything interesting got released since I last checked here awhile back and was pleasently surprised....

Dark Tide III is almost released?!?! Hell has finally froze over!

CONGRATS!!!
-Diggs

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2006 01:24    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I just need to find a copy of DF for PC and get Windows XP for Bootcamp and I should hopefully be good to go.

ZoSo729
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 02:54    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

When is the final, official release coming??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Showcase All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: