DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Feature Request: Fading headlamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klasodeth
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2008 08:49    Post subject: Feature Request: Fading headlamp View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

When the headlamp is running on the last 25% of battery power, please make sure the light progressively dims as the battery power level approaches 0%.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2008 14:42    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

>_>

As Emon said... maybe we should keep our suggestions until a more appropriate time.

klasodeth
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2008 17:42    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

The_Mega_ZZTer wrote:

>_>

As Emon said... maybe we should keep our suggestions until a more appropriate time.

Wait a minute. What's wrong with making lucius aware of an easily-overlooked feature that is part of the original game? I guess I shouldn't mention other potentially-overlooked points from the original game such as the fact that stormtrooper alert sounds aren't chosen at random? Why not mention them while he's doing related work on the code?

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2008 03:47    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

We're saying you can make him aware at a more appropriate point in time.

I don't want to see "feature creep" push back releases. Right now the main goal is Dark Forces emulation. Pretty stuff and extensions, IMO, should wait until after that. Of course a few here and there would be cool, but at least not until we get a first build!

There's also the minor issue that this could all be vaporware. No offense to lucius, but I've seen this sort of thing before, especially with the "I've been working on this a long time but haven't said anything." which you have to admit is a bit suspicious (I've found telling others about my project and getting input immediately encouraged me to work and finish my projects, rather than keeping them secret which has the opposite effect). Also the making big leaps in functionality in a short time thing also has me suspicious. I do hope DarkXL isn't vaporware but until I'm running a build I can't be 100% sure, you know?

Last edited by The MAZZTer on Apr 01, 2008 04:10; edited 2 times in total

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2008 03:48    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I'm no programmer, but I always seem to hear that the worst delays and snags come from developers trying to add features to a complex program that wasn't build with those features in mind, when they could have avoided the trouble just by planning further ahead from the beginning.

Also, didn't we already have this thread here? You've made your case and we've heard it; at this point you're kind of starting to come off as a back seat moderator.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: