DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

www.df-21.org

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2008 20:23    Post subject: www.df-21.org View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

How much would it cost, and how long would it take, to reacquire df-21.org? If we did reacquire it, would it be possible to get access to the archived content from the site from archive.org?

The archive.org FAQ says that sites can be sites can be retroactively made unavailable if a robots.txt is posted, or something like that, but it doesn't seem to specifically say whether they can be restored.

Fenwar
Admiral Ackbar
Admiral Ackbar

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2008 23:42    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Well, it comes up for renewal on 8th may this year, and I was considering making a grab for it if DF-21 had raised sufficient funds to cover a year or so's hosting... so far it hasn't, so whether we can do it is up to you lot.

On the other hand I doubt it will have had enough traffic for the squatters to consider it worth holding on to.

Then again, I don't particularly miss the domain. It was necessary (and fun) during the time our content was spread across two different hosts but we now have enough disk and bandwidth to host everything here.

If anyone did retrieve it (or any other Dark Forces related domain) then its trivial to park it here, either with its own space or just pointing straight to the DF-21 homepage.

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 18:31    Post subject: Re: www.df-21.org View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Darth Oosha wrote:
If we did reacquire it, would it be possible to get access to the archived content from the site from archive.org?

The archive.org FAQ says that sites can be sites can be retroactively made unavailable if a robots.txt is posted, or something like that, but it doesn't seem to specifically say whether they can be restored.

Update: Turns out they can. There are still other blocked archives I'd like to see restored, though; I may post a link sometime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: