DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Error 404! -- The site error report thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenwar
Admiral Ackbar
Admiral Ackbar

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2007 08:09    Post subject: :o View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Apparently I shouldn't ever have had our database pointing to "localhost", as it's not supposed to work on UnitedHosting's "highly secured" servers. So I don't know how I got away with it for so long. But anyway, sorted now, for the 1 person and 3 bots who missed out... Wink

Kir Kanos
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2007 16:23    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I am not a bot! I am a human being!

Jackson
Dark Trooper Phase 2

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2007 19:25    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

So if KK's a human being, that means I'm a...

Well that explains a lot!

Fenwar
Admiral Ackbar
Admiral Ackbar

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 08:43    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

That shiny Phrik armour didn't give it away?

Or the fact that whenever you saw anyone you went "NYAAAAAAAAAAAARG" and fired plasma at them?

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2007 17:12    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Jackson wrote:
8/27/1994 opjust1a (Operation Just Cause)

Considering that the full version of DF wasn't released until 1995, I'm guessing that's an error. Not sure how you could find the original date, though. The email and Web addresses in the readme no longer work, not that I expected them to. Do GOBs have internal date stamps on files?

This suggests it was before 1997, but that's not much.

Unrelated:
* DON-DF42 is possibly a unique case of a single level-pack being released in parts. I don't think the individual level release dates are available anywhere (maybe on AOL's old FileSearch), but Secret Base II might be listed separately as first user levvel ever made.

Last edited by Darth Oosha on Mar 27, 2008 04:39; edited 1 time in total

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2008 20:23    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Update: The Crow's Nest lists Just Cause's release date as being in October 1995. Or that may just be when it was added to the site, but it's still a usable date.

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2008 20:00    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Does don_df22.zip still exist somewhere? I notice it's mentioned in stuff_from_cache_2.zip/03/000340.htm in df-21_ubb_archives_2003_crisis.zip .

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2008 03:13    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I have that level, just need to rezip it....

http://junk.mzzt.net/DON-DF42.ZIP

Here you go.

Oh wait this appears to be a newer version... whatever.

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2008 13:51    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Found it with Google, so never mind I guess.

More things:
  • The link "JI Reviews" on http://df-21.net/reviews/index.html is broken; the site is gone. There's an archived copy here, although it's missing the Prophecy review. There's also an unlinked review of Return to Bespin here.
  • The two "Katarn Commandos" links on the same page (and the one here) are also broken. There doesn't seem to be any usable content from that site on archive.org. (The Rebel Squadrons seem to still exist, so you could conceivably try see if any of them have reviews saved.)
  • The Missions pages are also full of broken review links, but I imagine that's more a case of "nobody wants to go through and fix them all", and I'm not volunteering.
  • www.codealliance.ca is gone, which affects both Links and Editors & Utilities.
  • The Crow's Nest reviews of Death Star Plans and Jabba's Ship Revenge (linked from here) are missing. Archive.org has Plans, but not Revenge.
  • Castle Wolfenstein (review) is missing from missions-al.html.
  • crowsnest/levelsa-l.html (linked from here) is missing. Not found on Archive.org.
  • Apparently changing your time zone under MacOS 8.6 affects what the last-modified date of a file shows up as, but the same effect doesn't occur in Windows XP? This confuses me. I have some old versions of some levvels on two Macs, so which time zone should I use when checking their dates?
  • Didn't you stop providing df-21.net email addresses a while ago? A few pages still have them; note this search and this one.

Jackson wrote:
Darth Oosha wrote:
The Mines page *still* isn't back up.

Yeah, another "if you've got it, upload it" one. Much of the site can still be found on archive.org, but we're still short pictures.

It's gone from archive.org. Does anyone still have a backup?

Last edited by Darth Oosha on May 06, 2008 17:28; edited 1 time in total

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 02:27    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Jackson wrote:
Quick update: I found Beyond Dark Forces!
It's on the FTP, but not linked to on the Missions page... that'll be fixed in a sec.

Thanks, Oosha!

[EDIT: Actually, it seems there are a heckuva lot of things faulty with the version I have. You can try it for yourself: http://df-21.net/downloads/missions/beyond.zip]

Actually, you may want to delete that file from the server for now. I just found this post indicating that there may be a virus in one of the exe files.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 03:12    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Both AVG and ClamWin say there are no viruses.

I don't have mines. Sad I thought I did, but I guess I was thinking of coober.

Darth Oosha wrote:
It's gone from archive.org. Does anyone still have a backup?

Huh? The link works for me. In fact, the entire site works if you blindly click the brokwn nav bar. Even the level is mirrored on archive.org since it's so small I guess.

[Edit: Grr, never mind, archive.org gets confused and serves an error message as a ZIP file instead.]

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 07:46    Post subject: Missing links View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Both "Links" and "Contact" links no longer work for me on the main page. The other links work though.

Fenwar
Admiral Ackbar
Admiral Ackbar

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 09:08    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Hmm, we got moved onto a different server by our hosts at some point over the weekend. I'd noticed the IP address had changed but apparently .htaccess isn't being processed any more (/contact/ should rewrite to contact.php)

Will raise a ticket but I've placed the files there directly for now so the links work again.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 14:33    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

If .htaccess isn't processed on an apache server it would be a server config setting (.htaccess files can be turned off). It could be off for a security reason (specifically, the host doesn't know a thing about security so they just turn stuff off), however IIRC the default Apache config has them off so it could be they were never turned on.

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 18:28    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

The_Mega_ZZTer wrote:
Huh? The link works for me. In fact, the entire site works if you blindly click the brokwn nav bar.

...huh. Well, it definitely didn't work when I checked before; something about a robots.txt exception. I guess that answers my second question here. I'll plan to save everything from the archive when I have more time.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2008 04:11    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

On archive.org robots.txt is considered retroactive... if a current copy of robots.txt forbids crawling a site, archive.org blocks access to the entire site in their archive all the way back until the robots.txt changes.

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: May 04, 2008 02:34    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Update: Found a newer version of Beyond here. It asks for stardes1.zip, but our stard.zip is identical.

Also, I made some additions to Jackson's chronological list, and posted my version in its own thread here.
The_Mega_ZZTer wrote:
I don't have mines. :( I thought I did, but I guess I was thinking of coober.

You mean the levvel itself? It's on the regular downloads page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: