DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

So Disappointed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexG
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2009 00:17    Post subject: So Disappointed View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'm kind of disappointed in all of you. Don't you safeguard the stuff around here? I mean, you almost let something totally awesome just disappear, and that's just not cool. Now, I've gone ahead and recreated this from the stuff I found on the archive, but try to take better care of things in the future, will you?

http://www.filefront.com/14950731/backfromthedead.rar

EDIT: BTW, the preceeding post is rife with sarcasm. Wouldn't want anyone to think I actually find you all careless or anything. I'll just be glad to see this as part of the site again.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2009 05:38    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I must post this on the web for all to see.

http://df-21.net/mines/

Done.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2009 09:25    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

YES!!! A little niche has been returned to us!

I remember this level well, it made all my earliest levels I made when I was a kid look like works of art Laughing

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2009 13:23    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

My baby! You found it! Thanks Alex, good work.

Ryuichi91
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2009 21:09    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Nothing can compare to the awesomeness that is Mines. Now where is the topic which shunned my fail attempt at making a Dark Forces Detention Center

Jackson
Dark Trooper Phase 2

PostPosted: Nov 20, 2009 01:01    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Ryuichi91 wrote:
Now where is the topic which shunned my fail attempt at making a Dark Forces Detention Center

No such luck. Sad Although the Detention Base demo is still around, so we could revisit / recreate that topic... Wink

Jackson
Dark Trooper Phase 2

PostPosted: Nov 20, 2009 01:03    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Also, so glad you found the official Levvel Tribbute! Comic gold, Barry.

Ryuichi91
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Nov 20, 2009 16:06    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Jackson wrote:
Ryuichi91 wrote:
Now where is the topic which shunned my fail attempt at making a Dark Forces Detention Center

No such luck. Sad Although the Detention Base demo is still around, so we could revisit / recreate that topic... Wink

xD Well I checked it out to see how bad I was making levels at the age of 12. Wow its still ugly and silly as I remembered it.

Back on topic, I read the tribbute page and I couldn't stop chuckling. I remember playing mines and how short it was and wondered how it came into existance. Such exceelence was behind it And I thought some of the Doom projects on the Skulltag projects page were bad xD

Fenwar
Admiral Ackbar
Admiral Ackbar

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2009 19:27    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Awesome. I thought that had been lost forever.

DownwardSpyral
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2009 00:44    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

We need to locate the man responsible for this 'masterpiece' and congratulate him.

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2009 03:30    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Um, "the man responsible" posted the thread...

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2009 20:57    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Ahem, AlexG may be repsonsible for finding it, but he's not responsible for making it. Smile

The MAZZTer
Death Star
Death Star

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2009 21:07    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Oh, I was reading "AlexG" as "AriG". I mean they're so similar, anyone could have made that mistake!

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 02:13    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Holy snap, you could be on to something there Mazzter.
AlexG - account for yourself, is AriG your father?

AlexG
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 21:11    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

The MAZZTer wrote:
Um, "the man responsible" posted the thread...

GAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! You thought that I... I mean, you blamed me for...

GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I realize my demo isn't that good but... it's not THAT bad, is it?

Barry Brien wrote:
Holy snap, you could be on to something there Mazzter.
AlexG - account for yourself, is AriG your father?

I refuse to either confirm or deny my parentage in relation to AriG. Though my dad does have a painting of a room he claims he saw in a dream, with bad looking, glittery floors and ceilings. Hmmmmmmmmmm. *

Maybe someone should build an A+ fantastic level that expands upon Mines and explains why the room is there. My vote is Subspace interference.

*Truthfulness modified to create hype and excitement

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Nov 26, 2009 03:03    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Alex that's an amazing idea - A new competition: Who can build the best level that justifies having MINES as a part of it.

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2009 22:05    Post subject: Re: So Disappointed View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

AlexG wrote:
Now, I've gone ahead and recreated this from the stuff I found on the archive, but try to take better care of things in the future, will you?

By "the archive" do you mean archive.org? Did the missing pictures Jackson mentioned here spontaneously return, or did you have to reconstruct them?

AlexG
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2009 03:05    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

The Screenshots from the list thereof were up on archive.org, but pictures in the article - including screenshots that appeared there and the quote pictures - had to be recreated.

Darth Oosha
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2009 05:01    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

That's what I figured. A respectful thumb of the nose to Barry, Jackson and Fenwar for assuming otherwise, then, and thanks for the work.

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2009 04:23    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Yeah good work AlexG, I didn't know you'd retaken all the screenshots. Thanks again for resurrecting the Mines Appreciation Society. I hereby promote you to President of the Association. You earned it.

Marley
Gamorrean

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2009 10:52    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

MinesXL anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: