DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

A couple of novice INF questions:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Dark Forces Levels & Editing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinohog
Dianoga

PostPosted: May 08, 2010 00:11    Post subject: A couple of novice INF questions: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

As an INF newb, I've have a couple of questions about INF code that I hope the experts can help with.

Firstly, is it possible to use two elevator types to affect the same sector? For example, I would like to have a sub-sector both spin and go up and down. I used the INF code from GROMAS but it didn't work in my level (I am testing in DarkXL, could that be the issue?). Here is the code I tried most recently:

seq
class: elevator morph_spin1
master: off
flags: 1
center: 774 119
speed: -20
class: elevator move_fc
master: off
flags: 1
speed: 30
stop: 7 3
stop: 25 3
seqend

Secondly, I have a set of sectors that I am using as stairs. The stairs start flat and the player nudges a switch to set the stairs to the up position. In a room off the top of the stairs is a hidden switch that changes the stairs to the lower position where there is a secret room. The problem is, the drop from the top to the bottom is 36DF units which causes too much damage. How can I make the highest stair wait for the player to walk on before it lowers to the lower point. Here is INF code I have for that sector:

seq
class: elevator move_floor
stop: 18 hold
stop: -18 hold
seqend

I guess there are a couple of alternatives to my stairs dilemma:
1: I could put a revive in the secret room.
2: I could start the stairs in the up position so the player must avoid the first switch, go to the top room, then throw the switch which puts the stairs in the flat position and reveals a new switch and that switch lowers the stair to the secret room.
What do you think? This is a little more puzzle like.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.[/list]

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: May 08, 2010 08:35    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'm without my scripting manual with me at the moment, as I am in Japan for the next 3 weeks, but both of your scenarios are absolutely possible. The gromas one may not work because of the aformentioned DarkXL testing but I also noticed that the master is off for some reason. If you want it to be continuously moving up and down at all times I would remove that part of the script and see if that solves your problem. Also double check to make sure your coordinates are set correctly for the morph sector spin script.

As for the stairs one, I'm not entirely sure what you wish to accomplish, but from what I understand you can have the stair wait until the player has entered it. Again, I don't have my manual so I don't remember what the script was for it. Hope that helps a little bit.

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: May 11, 2010 18:49    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Mmmm, interesting thought on that second one. I haven't touched WDFUSE in a month or more, but I'll try to figure this one out when I get home if no one else has by that time. It's definitely possible, as Burning Gundam says, though it may take a dummy sector in DF's ancient INF system.

dinohog
Dianoga

PostPosted: May 12, 2010 09:39    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the comments.

BG, removing the master tags didn't change anything. The subsector revolves but doesn't go up and down. Hmmm, maybe I can just test the up and down bit and then see if I can get both to work together.

Also, BG, you mentioned your INF manual. Are you referring to the INFFILE document in the downloads OR is it something else? If something else, is there any chance you can share it? I am struggling a bit with the INFFILE doc.

Finally, I might remind you BG in a few weeks on your return and maybe get some more help.

Bye for now.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: May 12, 2010 14:05    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

I'll be able to help out a little bit here and there until I get back, I just won't have full access to everything. And yes, I did mean the INF file from the website. I think it was written by Jereth Kok if I remember correctly.

As far as the up and down thing goes, I think I remember being able to put two different classes in the same elevator, but I could be wrong. If anything, you can make a dummy sector and write the INF for that and make a slave for the sector you're trying to make go up and down. I'll explain later if you don't understand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Dark Forces Levels & Editing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: