DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Machinima features

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joel96
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2010 22:22    Post subject: Machinima features View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I'm making a hybrid Mind series out of Dark Forces. Some features I'd like to see in the future to make the recording easier include the following:
-HUD element disabling (this will make it possible to holster the gun, and get rid of stuff you wouldn't normally see if you were looking through Kyle's eyes, like a big floating health and ammo meter).
-Save states (dying is easy, and it takes a bit of explaining away in a narrative. Godmode is too evident when used).
-Music and sound effects adjustment (in a story, it's best to only use music when it supports the context. I'd rather record the video and effects only, and then add in the music and dialog afterward).
-Support for cutscenes and the music that goes with them (I've made the highest resolution, highest quality recording of the opening sequence available on the entire Internet available on YouTube, but man was it tough to put together).
-A unified package of the best graphical user mods (the game looks better than it did when it was released, but you have to do some work pulling all the user mods to models, weapons, and effects. I think it will encourage more people after watching the series to go buy the game).
-What do you think would make the game more cinematic-friendly?

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2010 23:06    Post subject: Re: Machinima features View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

joel96 wrote:
I'm making a hybrid Mind series out of Dark Forces. Some features I'd like to see in the future to make the recording easier include the following:
-HUD element disabling (this will make it possible to holster the gun, and get rid of stuff you wouldn't normally see if you were looking through Kyle's eyes, like a big floating health and ammo meter).

HUD scale is already in, but I have to add an interface for it. Being able to completely remove UI is also a good idea as well.Smile
joel96 wrote:
-Save states (dying is easy, and it takes a bit of explaining away in a narrative. Godmode is too evident when used).

I've been meaning to get to this, in order to make testing easier.
joel96 wrote:
-Music and sound effects adjustment (in a story, it's best to only use music when it supports the context. I'd rather record the video and effects only, and then add in the music and dialog afterward).

Sound volume controls are coming. Turning the volume to 0 will shut off music.
joel96 wrote:
-Support for cutscenes and the music that goes with them (I've made the highest resolution, highest quality recording of the opening sequence available on the entire Internet available on YouTube, but man was it tough to put together).

Fixing the cutscene playback and music is on the list for Beta.
joel96 wrote:
-A unified package of the best graphical user mods (the game looks better than it did when it was released, but you have to do some work pulling all the user mods to models, weapons, and effects. I think it will encourage more people after watching the series to go buy the game).

I'm not sure what you're asking for here. Issues with existing user mods will be fixed while in Beta.
joel96 wrote:
-What do you think would make the game more cinematic-friendly?

I'm not sure, but I'm open to suggestions. Though, depending on what the suggestions are, they may not be implemented until after DarkXL is out of the Beta phase.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: