DF-21 Forums Forum Index DF-21 Forums
The Dark Forces Community

DF-21.net Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist  | Register 
Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Guess that Level - in DarkXL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Screenshot of the Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2008 03:40    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Burning Gundam wrote:
Is it the Dark Siege?

Sí . . . ha, that was quick Razz
It's the second one, the only one I could get to run in DarkXL (Secbase). Talay and Sewers crash, and Testbase is just regular Testbase.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2008 04:18    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Its waaaaay too early but eventually I'll have people play as many mods as possible and let me know which one's don't work. This won't be until after DarkXL is further along though. I imagine that's going to be an interesting testing period...

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2008 15:49    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

sheepandshepherd wrote:
Burning Gundam wrote:
Is it the Dark Siege?

Sí . . . ha, that was quick Razz
It's the second one, the only one I could get to run in DarkXL (Secbase). Talay and Sewers crash, and Testbase is just regular Testbase.

Wow, that was a completely lucky guess too Razz

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2008 21:29    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

lucius wrote:
Its waaaaay too early but eventually I'll have people play as many mods as possible and let me know which one's don't work. This won't be until after DarkXL is further along though. I imagine that's going to be an interesting testing period...

Yeah, I agree, there's just too many things left to implement before the decent mods can be played through without cheats. Half of them aren't accessible at all because custom level lists haven't been implemented.
I'd say either wait until the 14 original levels are finished or until level lists, all weapons, all enemies, and all inf are complete.
It may be a little intensive doing it that way though . . . if you don't want to handle a million bugs at a time, I suggest you make a small list of mod levels to test, and once we've found and eliminated all the bugs in that list, move on to the next. That way the sweep will be more accurate and focused, and you won't have too much to work on.
Either way, it's still a long way off.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2008 23:45    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Fortunately its not as much work as it appears right now. There are only a few INF commands and some issues that aren't working - its just that alot of the INF in the custom levels is custom and uses the things that don't work. And some of the crashes are due to the tesselator having some issues with some weird/complex sectors - and this problem should be completely gone as of build 9 (this is due to the improved portal system, I'll go into more detail in the future if someone wants). As for new weapons, the weapon system will move over to scripting as of Build 9 - so adding new weapons will be much easier. In addition once all the basic AI issues are ironed out (its a good ways along already I think) then adding new AI won't be too bad either. AI and items are already scripted, so new items will be quick to add as well.

As you can see almost all the work so far has been going toward a certain point - in the not too distant future - where the all the major features are implemented and its just a matter of tweaking and implementing content via scripting. I think once that point is reached you'll find that suddenly almost all of the levels will start working reasonably well with just some scripting features to implement or just needing minor code tweaks.

That said when its time I think I'll tackle the Hall of Fame list first - these are the most "prominent" levels so they'd better work. And if they do work, well its very likely that most other levels will as well.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2008 22:28    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

That sounds logical, since those levels (Primarily the Dark Tide Series) use extensive amounts of custom INF scripting. If you can make DT3 work with no issues, you can bet that the others will work just fine Razz

When I can play Discovery at Ironfort with no issues I will be a very happy man Very Happy

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 19:22    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Next one? It's been a long time.

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 21:16    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

I'll post one . . . lemme go get those pics right now while I'm procrastinating on an essay that's due tomorrow Razz

EDIT: K, the portal issue that's gonna be gone in the next build kept me out of most of the good levels that I tried (Fortress Quadrigon, Beyond Glory, Asteroid, & TMOTMW), so I did a less . . . "normal" level. Good luck Smile

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 22:03    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Woah... I don't even recognize that... I'm going to have to play through a whole bunch of stuff again.

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 22:08    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Burning Gundam wrote:
Woah... I don't even recognize that... I'm going to have to play through a whole bunch of stuff again.

Mmmmm Twisted Evil
This is actually only half of it, I ran into a teleporter chute that wasn't working and couldn't go on.

Ryuichi91
Ree-Yees

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 22:15    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

aren't those screenshots of that INF demonstration level in the showcase downloads.

Last edited by Ryuichi91 on Oct 27, 2008 01:28; edited 1 time in total

sheepandshepherd
Trandoshan

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 23:04    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote

Ryuichi91 wrote:
aren't those screenshots of that INF demonstration level in the showcase downloads.

Dang, I was hoping this one would last Razz
So yes, Ryuichi91 is right, it's the Inftipz showcase level by Peter Klassen. Some pretty useful stuff in there, I learned a lot. Most of it doesn't work in DXL yet, unfortunately.

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 12:20    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Nice one Ryuchi.

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2010 10:33    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

It's that time again... for a loooooooooooong hiatus. Smile

I picked a more obscure level this time (I think). Click on the thumbnails for full size screenshots.

Guess this level:

Barry Brien
Dark Trooper Phase 1

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2010 13:25    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Coruscant - The Imperial Capital.

Burning Gundam
Kell Dragon

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2010 17:25    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Barry Brien wrote:
Coruscant - The Imperial Capital.

What he said old skool grin

lucius
DarkXL Developer
DarkXL Developer

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2010 18:26    Post subject: View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Dang that was quick. Shocked I'll try something even more obscure next time. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DF-21 Forums Forum Index -> Screenshot of the Day All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: