April 14, 2021:
Among The Shadows II: The Lava Planet
by Oton (fish) Ribic
April 28, 2008:
The Towerof Doom
by Dirk Destiny and Pumpkinetics
February 21, 2008:
The Dark Tide: Beyond the Ancient
Bonus Material from the Dark Tide Series! (31 MB)
by Patrick Haslow, Matthew Hallaron & Barry Brien
Posted by karjala on 2022-05-03 21:57:20 EST
Happy May the 4th Everyone!
We are excited to announce the release of the Dark Forces Community Patch with over 100 changes. We've been working on it for almost year and this is the first patch released since the game came out in 1995 !
The goal of this patch is to make Dark Forces accessible to new players in 2022.
- Many aspects that were confusing or obtuse were rewritten.
- New objectives were added to direct players to their goals
- Switches now receive audio, visual and textual feedback
- Hidden passages are better highlighted with texturing, lighting and powerup changes
- UI feedback is improved (Ex: Code Keys now explicitly direct you to the PDA inventory)
- Puzzle guidance is improved with dynamic signs that display your progress.
The easiest way to install it is through the Dark Forces Launcher For advanced users you can also manually download it Here
For support - please visit our Discord and go to the #support channel.
V1.0 Patch Credits go to Bitcores, SecBase, Jereth and Karjala .
3DOs by Matt Hallaron, Adam Richards and Patrick Hanslow
Patch Logo Design by Tileset001
Retextured Moldy Crow (Based on the Alpha screenshots)
Updated Mission Objectives to make Kyle's goals clearer.
Added new passages, switches and powerups to multiple missions
Retextured 3D objects
Vault Puzzle Map now updates the doors as you open them
New Entryways added to multiple rooms
Detention Center Elevators now have dynamic floor indicator
Restored cut content such as the Nar Shaddaa Elevator